Digital simulation appears today as an essential tool for the study of internal combustion engines, the experimental measurements being limited by difficult access, their intrusiveness or their high cost. Simulation allows an in-depth study of complex and interdependent physical phenomena linked to combustion.
The applications include:
• Spray combustion
• Flame dynamics and temperature
• Flame / wall interactions
• Production of chemical species (NOx, soot, etc.)
• Calculation of recovered power
• Optimization of engine geometries