Zelin assists you in predicting reactor performance (generated power, dimensioning, safety).
Measurements within a reactor are difficult to achieve for safety reasons and the reproduction of these systems operating conditions is very complex. Digital simulation therefore allows for a relatively reliable and efficient prediction of reactor performance.
The applications here include:
• The evaluation of the temperatures reached for the various structures and the heat-carrying fluid
• The prediction of quantities in normal or accidental operation, in steady or transient conditions (power, neutron flux, reactivity)
• Thermodynamic performance of steam exchangers and generators
• The study of accidental scenarios (sodium vapor bubble in a fast neutron reactor, partial emptying of the coolant, etc.)
• Assessment of calculation uncertainties